We hope Thanksgiving was good, and we’re hoping for an even greater Christmas for everyone! Before we get down to it, we want to note that this update will be smaller than the others as we’re in the thick of completing things for our next big milestone; which is our Alpha Phase. Now again and as necessary, we want to continue to reiterate the following important things each update, which are still key to how ICH is able to execute on our path to delivery. With that:
- Our current delivery schedule is still slated for late February 2022 based on Kickstarter funding release, other issues noted throughout this update; as well as the fact that we’re now in the thick of the holiday seasons when manufacturing/production labor is also affected. With current plans in place, we still do not foresee development completion going beyond February and helmets beginning to ship out.
- What continues to also play a huge part in the schedule shift are still the massive chip and raw material shortages that continue to plague a number of industries/company’s like Automotive & Big Tech/Kia & Apple; just to name a few (Ref: Forbes; WSJ; MAU; The WSP; CNN; etc.). ICH has made good strides and we’ve been able to pivot to other more readily available solutions for MOST components to still get the job done; which is an even bigger testament to our team to not just accept what is. We made a commitment to get our helmets to market, and that remains.
Current Project Updates
Our manufacturing team is working on making their final tweaks we mentioned in the previous update, shifting the final signoff forward slightly. Next is tooling and manufacturing of our initial sample and beta units to submit for certifications; as well as testing. The certification process takes roughly 4-6 weeks to complete.
- Our team resources we not only able to make site visits to our HUD vendor, but were also able to make a site visit to our helmet manufacturer. We had unfortunate screen recording issues on our end during the visit so we don’t have that footage to share today, but we will have our team there again soon once the official manufacturing process is underway to show your actual helmets being produced! Something more positive that came out of the visit to our helmet manufacturer is that this partner does absolutely everything in house at their facility; to include pre-certification testing prior to shipping helmets out to the pertinent certifiers for DOT, SNELL, ECE, etc. This is a great benefit and further strengthens our position to ensure success when we submit for certifications.
- Our custom front camera modules were delivered to our dev team on 12/17. They’ve tested functionality and everything functions as expected. They’re performing additional development on these, and will be integrating them into our 3 additional Alpha prototypes currently being produced.
- Our 3 additional Alpha build prototype shells will be finished on 12/29 (the EPS liners are already completed). Our manufacturer is producing our visors and inner soft cushion liners for these 3 Alpha builds so that we can ensure the best experience possible when Alpha testing begins. We have a surprise on our visors once those are done; which we’ll share later.
We continue to remain diligent in our refinement and overall software cohesive development push, to get things completed as quickly and efficiently as possible. Our development sprints below are underway in the following order
- Alpha Build: ~01/2022
- Beta Build: ~02/2022
- iC-R v1.0 Production Release: ~03/2022
Again, due to the above stated critical points regarding manufacturing and production; to offset the delays we’re continuing with the introduction of our:
- Alpha testing phase start date is now contingent upon delivery of prototype helmets and component installation; due to the timeframe of when we will be receiving our 3 additional prototype helmets in order to install all parts in preparation for the on-site testing. Our new target is late January 2022. To reiterate, the Alpha testing phase is to allow our backers who are within riding distance (how far is completely up to you) of either our home base in Springfield Virginia; or our development team in Wichita Kansas to ride up or down and participate in this initial controlled environment testing phase. This will provide even earlier access to our helmets and our product development, but even more so to further show proof to our supporters that we are doing exactly what we said we’re going to do. You can still sign up to this Alpha testing phase using the following link: https://forms.gle/iVKKrZp4tnUVD39S6
(Note that the limit for this signup is 15 with 5 of this total number being alternates)
- Beta testing phase; slated for late January through February (We will release additional information regarding our Beta testing phase and the helmets that we will ship out to other backers who are further away in the US, as well as much further away outside of the US.)
- Q: When do you anticipate polling for colors and sizes? / A: Polling for this will open up on 12/27/2021
- Q: Chinese New Year starts 2/1/22. Are you in the first production window following the holiday? / A: Yes we are. Our manufacturing partner has committed to our timeline and getting our helmets produced and shipped in time.
- Q: Are you shipping direct from overseas to US or to a transfer facility and if to a transfer facility where is it here in the US? / A: We are shipping direct from overseas to our development partner Viaanix who will then handle hardware integration, testing, packaging, and shipping.
- Q: Would there be an option to pay for expedited shipping? / A: We are exploring this as an option and will provide further details as we get closer to shipping.
- Q: Will there be a specific sequence for production? If so what is the plan? / A: DOT certified helmets will ship first, in the order in which they were received so that we can get our helmets out as soon as possible. Then all other orders will follow directly after.
***SCAM ALERT REMINDER***
More and more SCAM websites have popped up since our last update that have copied all of our posted information and have posted our “product” for sale. As a reminder, these are fake websites of course and the only current sales channel for our product is via Indiegogo at the following link: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ic-r-the-true-smart-motorcycle-helmet
All following updates are going to be HUGE, so get ready.
Thank you for your continued support and patience. As always please message us with any questions—we’re always here for you.