Alright, let’s go ahead and jump right in with our updates!
[Alpha, Beta, Manufacturing & Production]
As mentioned in our previous post, our current delivery schedule shifted to mid/late April (initial batch) through June 2022 due to an unforeseen delay in our Alpha testing phase; which had a ripple affect of course on everything thereafter. Our Alpha build helmets were finally released by DHL customs in China, with our manufacturer receiving them on 02/10; which is 1 day earlier that anticipated. In addition, all of the following remaining parts have been completed:
- Visor, to include auto instant tinting on 2 of our sample visors which will also be available for testing by our Alpha participants
- 3D printed parts: air vents, front & rear shell attachments, visor mechanisms
- Helmet straps with Fidlock buckles
- Custom inner cushion liners
Our manufacturer is making some last minute tweaks to the Alpha Builds prior to finalizing and shipping the helmets to our dev team. Shipping is slated to take place this coming Friday (03/04/22) or sooner. For an update on timeline:
- Alpha helmets expected delivery to our dev team in Kansas by ~03/08/22
- Hardware installation and pre-Alpha testing ~03/08-03/18
- Alpha testing slated to begin on Saturday ~03/19
Tooling and manufacturing of our initial sample and beta units is scheduled to commence the week of 03/14/22, and then submitted for certifications; as well as testing. The certification process takes roughly 2-6 weeks to complete. As mentioned before, we’ve adjusted to this improved time frame as with internal discussions to begin shipping as soon as DOT is approved; DOT certification completion is 1-2 weeks which is a better U.S. production and delivery timeline.
In addition, our design team:
- Just finished our initial HUD holder/attachment design, which our team will be 3D printing and testing out this week in preparation for our Alpha testing phase.
- This week they are also slated to begin working on our custom packaging as well as our custom helmet wrap options we will be offering. As a reminder we will have Basic, Artistic, and Bold designs to offer. In addition to that, we will also be offering a design for our U.S. Armed Forces! We’re working on offering user generated designs in the future as well, but more to come on that later.
As mentioned in previous posts, ICH has made good strides and we’ve been able to pivot to other more readily available solutions for now ALL of our components to still get the job done. All components have been finalized. We’ve also produced our initial custom heatsink & fan combination (ref image below) prototypes, which are due to be received and tested by the end of this week.
As always, we continue to remain diligent in our refinement and overall software cohesive development push, to get things completed as quickly and efficiently as possible. What’s new from our previous post is the fact that we’ve pulled in 4 additional SME developers in the following areas to speed up development: Flutter Apps, Linux Kernel, Embedded, and Ai. Our development Sprints below have improved and are underway in the following order, with new dates based on the above noted issues and our team looking to fit more in based on having a little more time now:
- Alpha Build: ~03/2022
- Beta Build: ~04/2022
- iC-R v1.0 Production Release: ~04/2022
In conjunction with the above updates, as a reminder you can still sign up to our Alpha testing phase using the following link: https://forms.gle/f62Kh75z5dddSLgAA
(Note that the limit for this signup is 15 with 5 of this total number being alternates. Signup closes on 03/02).
To reiterate, the Alpha testing phase is to allow our backers who are within riding distance (how far is completely up to you) of our development firm in Wichita, KS and participate in this initial controlled environment testing phase. One change is that we are centralizing the entire Alpha Testing phase at one location in Wichita, KS as we can provide an overall better experience; so WE WILL NOT be Alpha Testing near our home base in Springfield, VA.
This will provide even earlier access to our helmets and our product development, but even more so to further show proof to our supporters that we are doing exactly what we said we’re going to do.
Beta testing phase; now slated for early April (We will release additional information regarding our Beta testing phase and the helmets that we will ship out to our other backers who are further away in the US, as well as much further away outside of the US.)
***SCAM ALERT REMINDER***
More and more SCAM websites continue to pop up since our last update that have copied all of our posted information and have posted our “product” for sale. As a reminder, these are fake websites of course and the only current sales channel by which to purchase one of our helmets is via Indiegogo at the following link: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ic-r-the-true-smart-motorcycle-helmet
Thank you for your continued support and patience. As always please message us with any questions—we’re always here for you. Stay blessed and stay safe as COVID-19 continues to affect all of us individually and collectively.