Hi ICH Fans!
Before we go any further we would like to say that we hope that everyone receiving and reading this latest update are well, safe, and haven’t experienced any personal loss during these trying times. Please remember to practice social distancing among other things, so that we can beat this thing that’s affecting mankind all over. With that being said, let’s jump right into a very exciting update following our last one in January:
- Our custom carrier board supporting one of the NVIDIA based SoM’s has been completed! We are working with our board manufacturers now, and are due to have our first board prototypes in hand for software load and testing within the next 2-3 weeks.
- We’ve solidified the HUD that we are moving forward with at this time, and have already integrated this into our design; as you can see from the 3D DFM CAD model above.
- 100% of our hardware has been identified and we are still going through the necessary stages of development and testing.
- Once we kicked things off with the software firm we mentioned also back in December, we’ve made good progress on our first target; which is our HUD’s interface and functionality. We expect to shed more light and proof of this in the next update; which will also touch on hardware, but be more software centered. Other portions of software still in the pipeline being performed in parallel include but are not limited to:
- Seamless stitched rear camera feed
- Voice activation/recognition
- Helmet to helmet communications
- As you can see from all the images, we have made significant progress on our helmet design; which is currently 85% Design for Manufacture (DFM) ready! We are excited about where we are; especially considering where we’ve come from and how long (unfortunately only due to funding) it took for us to get to this point). Targets over the next couple of months:
- 3D print of current model so that we can begin hardware integration by the beginning/middle of May
- 100% DFM model by the middle/end of May
In conjunction with the helmet design we’re making a few more design changes in house; including an overhaul of our website. You will LOVE all the new changes coming, which will be available by 04/17/20.
We also wanted to remind everyone of our target certifications for this first launch; which are: DOT, ECE, and SNELL. There is a fourth big one, but we’ll release that information once that safety certification has been obtained.
We are still on a big development push over the next 2-4 months. In this new year as you can see we are strongly committed to getting our valuable and visual updates. Again this won’t be every week, but we’re committed to getting updates out each month or every other month. With that, we say good day/night and hope you are happy with this update and how close we are!